Thursday, December 21, 2023

How do I Check my Mental Health

   Mental health is not an illusion for me but a reality like my hands and feet. I take it as a simple thing; as simple as the normal working of my mind. I keep on watching the functioning of my mind and its faculties on a regular basis. If I recognize my old friends and acquaintances without asking and can identify them from the timber of their voice, I certify my mind as hale and hearty. If I remember the past incidents of my life without difficulty, or if I can recall the quotes remembered by me many decades ago, or if I remember the names of books read by me in

my youthful days and remember the names of their authors and the years of their publication, then I conclude that I am in a healthy state of mind. I know it is a perfect mental health because it does not create impediments in the intellectual functions of my day to day life. If I learn some new words without much effort and can recall the things learned yesterday, or day before easily, then I assume myself as mentally strong. Similarly, if I go to the store for shopping and do not forget what I purchased, and do not... To read more follow the link below....

...forget to pick up my stuff from the register (counter) after making payment, I feel assured I have a sound mind.

If I have to struggle learning something new, or if I happen to learn something that appears hard to learn or is not of my liking, then I feel concerned. If I encounter difficulty in getting ready to learn new things or feel like not undertaking new projects, then I feel challenged. Even then I do not feel alarmed because I know what is wrong and how to correct that. I also know how to revert this process for I have learnt that with a lot of effort and abundance of verification. My experience instills confidence in me that nothing is beyond my control, though I am aware that my control is of a limited and relative nature.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Mental Health and Aging

<<<Read Punjabi below>>> Ensuring the preservation of mental health is of paramount importance as we age in life. It is i...